Update 10th July 2021
Due to the high incidence of Covid-19 locally, to keep both our team and our clients safe, aswell as minimise the risk of the practice closing due to having to self-isolate, we have had to make the decision to not allow clients into the practice once more. With rising Covid levels, the risk of one of our team testing positive increases. If one of us did test positive, all in-contacts would have to self-isolate and the practice would then close for 10 days. We would not be able to provide any services if this happened. We will continue to monitor the situation and look forward to welcoming you back into the practice again soon. For the meantime, we will continue to come out to greet you & your pet in the car park and take your pet in for examintion and treatment.
If you have an appointment for your pet to be put to sleep, you will be able to stay with your pet and have the option to come into the practice if you wish (2 people maximum).
Update 17th May 2021
We are pleased to now be able to allow our valued clients into the building to be with their pets during consultations. It is important that we continue to maintain strict measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and to protect both you and our team members. Almost all of our team have had at least their 1st Covid-19 vaccination. Please therefore follow the guidance below:
1. You will only be able to come into the building to attend a pre-booked appointment for your pet. When you arrive, please wait in the car and we will see you on our CCTV system. When we are ready for you to come in, we will let you know either by phone or come and greet you in person. One person allowed per pet. A face covering must be worn (unless exempt).
2. Please sanitise your hands at the entrance (& when you exit)
3. You can enter the consult room and hold your pet. We have air purifiers in the consult rooms. You may wait in the waiting room if you prefer not to enter the consult room. We have window restrictors on windows in the waiting room so that some fresh air can come in but animals cannot get out.
4. If your appointment is for the euthanasia of your pet, we can allow two people into the consult room.
5. If you attend the clinic without a booked appointment we will not be able to let you in the building.
6. Once your consult has been completed you can please can proceed to reception to make payment. If you choose not to accompany your pet into the building, we can also take payment outside, or by phone.
7. Prescriptions/drugs/food should still be ordered by phone or on our website & please collect from the outdoor collection box.
9. If your pet is being admitted for a routine operation it is not necessary for you to enter the building unless you have a specific query you need to address with the vet or a member of our team. A nurse will come out to the car park to greet you & your pet & go through a consent form.
Thank you for your support with these new ways of working and we hope that this is a positive development for all our clients and patients.